This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
This easy bacon alfredo pasta recipe is so simple to make, and there is minimal clean up. It takes only one pot and four simple ingredients that you likely already have on hand at your house. It’s a quick, weeknight meal that will help busy moms get a home cooked meal on the table.
Kids will love the taste as well. Anything with alfredo sauce gets an A+ in my house. By sneaking in some peas, I’m able to get some more veggies in my picky eaters with this recipe, though. A definite plus!
Bacon Alfredo Pasta: Just Four Ingredients
You’ll want to gather these four simple ingredients you probably already have in your house:
- Spaghetti or pasta of choice (We always try for wheat pasta or the veggie one to make things a little healthier)
- Bag of frozen green peas
- 1 jar of alfredo sauce of your favorite brand (I used Bertolli in this tutorial)
- Real bacon bits (I buy these prepackaged from Kroger. You can use any type of bacon you want, even turkey bacon.)
How to Make One-Pot Bacon Alfredo Pasta
First, start by cooking the pasta according to the package directions. Any type of pasta will work. Here, I use the whole grain spaghetti noodles because they were in the cabinet. I usually try to uses either whole grain pasta or the veggie pasta just to make it a little healthier for the family. You can use rotini, fettucini noodles, or even elbow macaroni if you’d prefer.
After you’ve drained your pasta, return it to the original pan. If you want your pasta to be a little more juicy and a little less noodle-y, reserve some pasta to use in another dish at another time. I prefer to just put all the pasta in it at once. Makes the meal go farther with my hungry family.
Meanwhile, cook peas in bag according to package directions. I LOVE the Kroger frozen veggie bags that allow the peas to be steamed in the microwave without having to dirty a dish. If you don’t buy the frozen peas that can be cooked in the bag, you can just add them to your boiling pasta water a few minutes before you need to drain it. That should warm them up well enough.
Once the pasta is done, add the alfredo sauce to the pasta and stir. Heat on low heat until heated through.
Add peas to mixture and stir if you haven’t already added them in before straining. Make sure everything is nice and warm at this point.
Transfer to individual containers or plates and top with desire amount of bacon bits.
And then serve. Super easy! This easy bacon alfredo pasta recipe is perfect for a quick, weeknight meal. And being a one-pot meal, you won’t have to spend your time after dinner cleaning up a ton of dishes either.
Bacon Alfredo Pasta
- 1 box pasta, uncooked
- 1 jar Alfredo Sauce
- 1 bag frozen peas
- Bacon bits
- Start by cooking the pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to original pan. If you like your carbonara more juicy, remove some of the noodles to use at another time.
- Meanwhile, cook peas according to package directions.
- Add alfredo sauce to cooked pasta and stir. Heat on low heat until heated through.
- Add peas to mixture and stir.
- Transfer to individual containers or plates and top with desire amount of bacon bits.
- And then serve. Super easy!