This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
I found a recipe in a Quaker Oats ad for an overnight oatmeal breakfast, and I started thinking of the options of how to customize it to a tasty breakfast also stocked with chia for the hubby and me! Soon this overnight oats with chia recipe was born! We love the peanut butter taste as well as the fun crunchiness of the chia and chocolate chips. An overnight breakfast is also perfect for those days where I just don’t have time to prepare breakfast in the mornings.
This recipe makes one breakfast serving, so I like to quadruple the recipe to make 4 servings at once to take care of two days of breakfast for us!
Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Chia seeds
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate chips
- Cocoa Powder
- Crunchy peanut butter
- Nut-based milk such as almond milk
How To Make This Breakfast:
Start with ½ cup of oatmeal in each container:
Add 1 tbsp chia seeds to the oatmeal:
Add in a heaping tbsp of chocolate chips:
Squeeze 1 tbsp of honey to the mix:
Add 1 tbsp of cocoa powder:
Add desired amount of almond or other nut-based milk. I like drier oatmeal, so I use ½ cup of almond milk. My husband likes soggy oatmeal, so I use 2/3 cup for his.
Put a top on the oatmeal, and shake to mix the contents well. Doesn’t look super pretty after the shake, but it will taste good soon! Place in the fridge overnight. Next morning, take out the oatmeal and add a heaping spoonful of crunchy peanut butter. Stir it in and enjoy. Yum!
I have this recipe memorized and I can customize with all sorts of other add-ins depending on how I feel or what is in the pantry. Berries and honey are great or omit the cocoa powder and add jelly at the end with the peanut butter, etc! I’m really loving all these overnight oats with chia breakfasts I’ve been making lately!
Like food? Check out all our other food ideas (mostly super easy to make)!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Overnight Chia Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2-2/3 cup nut-based milk
- 1 heaping spoonful crunchy peanut butter
- Start with ½ cup of oatmeal in each container.
- Add 1 tbsp chia seeds to the oatmeal.
- Add a heaping tbsp of chocolate chips.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey to the mix.
- Add 1 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Add desired amount of almond or other nut-based milk. I like drier oatmeal, so I use ½ cup of almond milk while my husband likes soggy oatmeal, so I use 2/3 cup for his.
- Put a top on the oatmeal, and shake to mix the contents well. Place in the fridge overnight.
- Next morning, take out the oatmeal and add a heaping spoonful of crunchy peanut butter. Stir it in and enjoy.