If you make a purchase through an affiliate link, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Many years ago, I got an easy recipe for a Crockpot ham, green bean, and potato meal. With a little bit of tweaking to make it simple for this busy mom, it’s become an easy, weeknight meal for us. I start the Crockpot in the morning or lunch, and this healthy meal is waiting for us!
The best part of this Crockpot recipe is it only has 4 ingredients and is a dump Crockpot recipe! No need to slice or prepare anything beforehand either.
My one-year-old and four-year-old also both gobble this meal up. So in addition to being easy, it’s tasty and healthy too!
So, here’s how to make this ham, green beans, and potatoes Crockpot recipe!
- 2 cans green beans, drained (We are all about healthy so use no salt added.)
- 1 can sliced potatoes, drained (I’ve never been able to find these no salt added, unfortunately.)
- 1 package cubed or diced ham (I prefer ham that’s no preservatives added. Simple Truth from Kroger makes a great option.)
How to Make Ham, Green Beans, and Potatoes in the Crockpot:
The beauty of Crockpot meals like this one is they are SO easy to prepare and can be done before work or during naptime.
All you have to do is dump all the ingredients in the Crockpot, and give it a stir.
If you want to cook it fast, put it on High for 2-3 hours. Just be careful the potatoes don’t get dried and burned on the outside. For all day, I will leave it on Low for up to 6-8 hours. If I’m at home, I will stir it occasionally to prevent the sides from burning. As an aside, if you’re a busy person like me, I totally swear by Crockpot liners to make cleanup so much easier!!
After the time is up, give it a stir and serve!
This meal is easily doubled or tripled if you have a larger slow cooker. We usually double it so we can have leftovers for the next night.
It holds in the fridge up to 3 days and will freeze, but the potatoes just don’t have the right consistency afterward. So, just keep that in mind!
I like to serve it with crescent rolls or a slice of bread to have something starchy to wipe up the juices.
Anyway, hope you enjoyed this quick, weeknight recipe ide!. Check out my freezer chicken fajita Crockpot meal idea also if you like using your slow cooker!
Crockpot Ham, Green Bean, and Potatoes
- 1 can sliced potatoes
- 2 cans green beans, drained we prefer no salt added
- 8 oz pkg diced or cubed ham we prefer no nitrates or nitrates added
- All you have to do is dump all the ingredients in the Crockpot, and give it a stir.
- If you want to cook it fast, put it on High for 2-3 hours. Just be careful the potatoes don't get dried and burned on the outside.
- For all day, I will leave it on Low for up to 6-8 hours. If I'm at home, I will stir it occasionally to prevent the sides from burning.
- After the time is up, give it a stir and serve!